The Finnish Institute for Verification of the Chemical Weapons Convention (VERIFIN) is holding online training courses on the enhancement of laboratory skills. The courses are intended for qualified analytical chemists from Member States with economies that are developing or in transition.
The courses aim to:
- Assist participants in acquiring further experience and practical knowledge;
- Facilitate the analysis of chemicals related to national implementation of the Chemical Weapons Convention;
- Enhance national capacities in Member States by offering training in analytical chemistry to personnel from industry, academic institutions, and government laboratories;
- Facilitate the adoption of good laboratory practices;
- Broaden the pool of human resources from which National Authorities and the Technical Secretariat can draw in the future.