Strengthening international and regional cooperation on Article X of the Chemical Weapons Convention, regarding protection programmes and response to chemical emergencies.
Article X Workshops provide forums for the discussion and analysis of several assistance and protection related issues and the implementation of Article X of the Convention.
- The rights and obligations of States Parties under Article X of the Convention.
- Submissions of declarations of protective programmes.
- Analysis of Article X weaknesses and problem areas.
- An overview of assistance and protection activities in the region.
- Identifying risks and developing National Protection Programs (NPP).
- Developing and enhancing chemical emergency response action plans.
- Fulfilling transparency obligations under the Convention.