Preparing declarations, and receiving and escorting OPCW inspections.
This course is organised by the Secretariat each year to help National Authority-personnel and other national stakeholders meet their obligations under Article VI, specifically, preparing declarations and receiving and escorting OPCW inspections.
- Facilitate National Authority submissions of accurate and timely national declarations, as required under Article VI.
- Provide practical guidance to States Parties on escorting and receiving OPCW inspections.
- Encourage collaboration amongst national stakeholders to fulfil obligations under Article VI, including reaching out to the chemical and other relevant industries.
- Presentations by the TS and by States Parties on their experiences.
- Group discussions.
- Practical exercises.
- Recent developments on the Convention’s verification and transfers regimes.
- Tools to facilitate the preparation and submission of declarations – such as the electronic declaration tool for National Authorities (EDNA) and Secure Information Exchange (SIX).
- A mock inspection at chemical plant site.
- Preparation of a post-training action plan on how the knowledge and skills acquired in the course could help solve current issues and/or challenges.