Enhancing dynamic discussion on the cutting-edge issues concerning peaceful chemistry.
The overall objective of this forum is to create a platform for sharing lessons learned and best practices in chemical management throughout their lifecycle.
The forum raises participant awareness of integrated chemicals management in chemical trade, chemical safety and security, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, and policies adopted by Member States to foster international cooperation for the peaceful use of chemistry.
- Introduction to the Chemical Weapons Convention and its relevance to chemical trade, treaty implementation challenges, and trends in chemical trade for peaceful purposes.
- Lessons learned and best practices in integrated chemical management, from chemical acquisition (purchase, import, and transfer) through the transportation, warehouse, and distribution processes, to the end-use of chemicals (consumption and export) and chemical waste management.
- Lessons learned and best practices in chemical trade monitoring of the import and export of internationally controlled items.
- A site visit to a customs/port authority.
- Participant presentations based on experience in their respective countries or at the companies for which they work.
The forum will sponsor a selection of participants from Member States whose economies are either developing or in transition. Non-sponsored participants from developed countries are encouraged to apply.