Facilitating information sharing in chemical safety, security, and integrated chemical management.
A series of workshops provide platforms for OPCW Member State representatives to share needs, experiences, lessons learned and best practices related to chemical safety and security, and integrated chemicals management.
- Share needs, experiences, lessons learned, and best practices in chemical safety and security management that have been adopted in the respective States Parties.
- Generate partnerships among key stakeholders to further strengthen activities related to chemical safety and security management across States Parties.
- Measure States Party needs, to tailor to different stakeholders capacity-building programmes.
- Strengthen international cooperation in chemical safety and security management as well as integrated chemicals management.
- An overview of the Chemical Weapons Convention and the OPCW.
- An overview of international cooperation programmes related to chemical safety, security and integrated chemicals management.
- Trends and challenges related to chemical safety, security and integrated chemicals management.
- Threat assessment and mitigation measures.
- Discussion and recommendations on building a safety and security culture into the chemical supply chain.
After each workshop a report containing relevant feedback, suggestions, best practices, and approaches is circulated to stakeholders.