Welcome to the OPCW!
Thanks for visiting our website. By using our website, you are agreeing to these terms. Please read them carefully.
The Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), located at Johan de Wittlaan 32, 2517 JR, The Hague, Netherlands, provides and maintains the OPCW website to enhance public access to general information about the OPCW and its activities. We attempt to keep this information timely and accurate and any errors brought to our attention will be corrected as soon as possible. The OPCW cannot, however, guarantee that all information or data on this website is correct. Therefore, the OPCW accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information or data on this website. Access to, and use of, this website is provided by the OPCW subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- The OPCW hereby disclaims any liability or responsibility arising from the use of information or data contained on this website, including any inappropriate, improper or fraudulent use of information or data provided to users.
- The OPCW, members of its staff, its contractors and its employees shall not be liable for any financial or other consequences whatsoever, arising from the use of information or data contained on this website, including the inappropriate, improper or fraudulent use of such information or data.
- Information or data contained on this website shall not be reproduced or used for commercial purposes.
- The OPCW provides to users of this website information which the OPCW deems, on the basis of its own criteria and in its sole and complete discretion, to be appropriate for disclosure.
- Information or data provided sometimes refers to external websites over which the OPCW has no control and in respect of which it disclaims all liability.
- The consultation and/or use of this website shall automatically constitute full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Like many other websites, OPCW.org uses small files called cookies to help improve your user experience. We use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them). We use the following types of cookies:
Public Information Requests and Media Guidelines
The OPCW Technical Secretariat receives thousands of questions about its work each year. Before contacting OPCW Public Affairs, make sure you have identified all relevant information on the website. This remains a rich source of information about OPCW’s mission, structure, activities, and official documents.
OPCW Public Affairs endeavours to be as open and accessible as possible in providing public and factual information on the activities of the OPCW Technical Secretariat. Due to the OPCW’s stringent confidentiality regime, some materials, information, and types of information are not available to the public or media.
Media representatives should submit all requests in writing through the Media Requests form.
Consider the following before submitting your request:
All rights reserved. None of the materials provided on this website may be used, reproduced or transmitted, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording or the use of any information storage and retrieval system, except as provided for in the Terms and Conditions, above, without permission in writing from the OPCW. To request such permission and for further enquiries, contact OPCW Public Affairs.