Bringing together National Authority representatives and key stakeholders of National Authorities to discuss issues related to CWC implementation and to promote regional and sub-regional cooperation.
Regional Meetings of National Authorities are organised by the Technical Secretariat annually in four regions, namely Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Provide the opportunity to address and exchange of information, experiences and best practices on CWC national implementation.
- Present, discuss, and identify national issues regarding Convention implementation that are of particular importance to the National Authorities regionally, and to cultivate bilateral and regional cooperation and support.
- Discuss and present the needs for assistance to the OPCW and offers of assistance by States Parties for full national implementation.
- Promote and enhance regional and sub-regional cooperation and networks among National Authorities.
- Hold bilateral meetings with Secretariat staff on issues pertaining to national implementation, including progress on the adoption of national legislation.
Raising awareness of State Party needs and the status of CWC implementation.
Raising awareness of various aspects of CWC implementation and programme assistance.
Sharing best practices in CWC national implementation.
Strengthening bilateral cooperation between State Parties.
Strengthening regional and sub-regional networks.