This course aims to introduce Explosion Protection and Error Management in the Chemical Process Industries to improve Member States’ capacities on protection of industries by explosions.
An additional aim is to improve the awareness on error management focus on individual and organisational aspects to prevent chemical accidents.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of explosion protection and error management in the chemical process in industries.
- Reflect upon errors and the moderating and influencing factors in incidents or accidents causation from a human factor´s point of view.
- Introduction to explosion basics and incidents
- Introduction: Dust explosions
- Introduction: Gas explosions
- The Ductus (Assessment of the explosion risk)
- Safety characteristics of dust
- Safety characteristics of gas and liquids
- Avoidance of explosive atmospheres according to ATEX
- Classification of hazardous areas in terms of zones
- Ignition sources
- Constructional explosion protection measures according to ATEX
- Explosion protection document according to ATEX