The OPCW Technical Secretariat wishes to inform Member States in the Asian region that it will hold an online Workshop on Chemical Supply Chain: Regional Road Transport Safety and Security Management, in collaboration with the University of Nottingham Malaysia (UNM) and E-Response Alert Sdn. Bhd., Malaysia, from 4 to 8 October 2021.
The aim of the workshop is to raise awareness on chemical transport security amongst current and future users linked to the chemical industry.
The specific objectives are to:
- Provide capacity-building programme on chemical lifecycle, specifically on road transportation for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME);
- Provide a platform for national, regional and global stakeholders and experts to share best practices in road transportation of chemicals;
- Deepen discussion on needs such as risk assessment, risk mitigation measures and performance auditing, monitoring and tracking of chemicals movement;
- Strengthen international cooperation on chemical safety and security management;
- Promote chemical safety and security management implementation by the Member States in promoting the peaceful uses of chemistry;
- Create awareness on importance of chemical transport security, its implications and its management among university students, specifically those enrolled in Chemical Engineering subjects, academia and technical staffs;
- Expose academia and students to the latest research and developments in monitoring and control related to supply chain.
This workshop constitutes an educational and outreach regional webinar open to countries in Asia covering overall aspects of chemical safety and security, including, but not limited to:
- Road Transportation of Chemical Goods;
- Physical & Electronic Safeguards;
- Vulnerability Assessments;
- Human Factors & Risks;
- Documentation & Database Programmes;
- Storage & Loading/Unloading Protocols.
The workshop will be conducted as a 5-day programme, with a maximum of 3 hours per day covering all of the above topics.
Interested applicants from National Authorities and their relevant stakeholders in Asian region are invited to apply online through Eventus—the OPCW event management system. Applicants should create an account in Eventus and then register for the training course.
Please note that all questions marked with an asterisk (*) in the online form must be answered and an endorsement letter from the National Authority must be attached in order for the nomination to be received and for the candidate to be considered for this event. The endorsement letter must be uploaded during the course registration process.
All applications must be received by the Secretariat no later than 20 September 2021.