The course will be organised by the National Authority of Argentina with the support of the OPCW, and is intended for the personnel working on the application of occupational safety measures in chemical, biochemical, microbiological and other relevant laboratories (engaging the use of chemicals) to provide them with knowledge about safety and security aspects. The course will be held from 2 to 6 December 2019 at the Instituto Nacional de Tecnología Industrial (INTI) in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The course will focus on the following modules, including theoretical lectures and practical/demonstration sessions:
- introduction to chemical safety and security;
- chemical safety in laboratories;
- environmental pollution and occupational toxicology;
- handling and storage of chemicals;
- health and safety in the use of chemicals
- hazardous waste management;
- safety devices and personal protection;
- laboratory emergencies;
- GHS1 and safety management systems;
- design and construction of laboratories;
- OPCW work in building capacity for ensuring chemical safety and security and preventing the re-emergence of chemical weapons.