The objective of the course is to provide training on the following:
- Planning and establishing a support team for the protection of civilian populations against chemical weapons;
- Conducting emergency operations in contaminated areas
- Responding to incidents involving chemical warfare agents
- Using individual protective equipment
- Using monitoring, detection, and decontamination techniques
- Taking samples
The course will also offer an overview of the kinds of assistance that the OPCW and Serbia can provide upon the request of a State Party and will facilitate the exchange of information and experiences regarding the implementation of Article X of the Convention.