The goal of the course is to improve participants’ practical skills in analysing chemicals related to the Convention and in using gas chromatography (GC) and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS).
The course will consist of the following elements:
- the preparation of environmental samples;
- the properties of chemicals related to the Convention;
- an introduction to GC and GC-MS equipment;
- the interpretation of mass spectra;
- exercises on sample preparation;
- the use of GC and GC-MS equipment;
- an introduction to the Convention and related compounds synthesis;
- an introduction to AMDIS1 software;
- an introduction to the Quality Assurance System according to standard ISO/IEC 17025:2005;2 and
- the reporting of results during OPCW proficiency tests.