The Conference of the States Parties provides an excellent opportunity to exhibit or host a side event on the legacy, achievements and challenges ahead for the Chemical Weapons Convention and the OPCW.
Exhibits at the Conference
Who can exhibit?
Delegations and NGOs approved to participate in the conferences may request an exhibit space. Due to limited space and resources, the available exhibit spaces will be assigned on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis.
What is provided?
A standard exhibit space, provided at no charge is:
- 3m × 2m space
- 1 table (1.6m)
- 2 chairs
The Exhibitor is responsible for installing the exhibit, including hanging, and labelling materials.
Exhibit space does not include wall panelling and name boards. Any additional needs including furniture, audio visual, signage, and extra lighting may be requested at an additional charge.
Rules for Exhibits
The exhibit space is meant to be a forum for a variety of stakeholders to promote their work in support of the goals of the Chemical Weapons Convention. No inflammatory, provocative, or divisive exhibits may be displayed; the OPCW Technical Secretariat reserves the right to remove any exhibits that are not in compliance with these rules.
Exhibitors must abide by the rules pertaining to exhibits at the World Forum Convention Centre premises during these conferences:
- The Exhibitor must not alter the venue space or contents. No painting, holes, or other modifications or adjustments may be made to the ceiling, walls, windows, or floors.
- The Exhibitor will be responsible and financially liable for any repair to or replacement of World Forum property (beyond normal wear and tear) as determined by fair market value of goods or services.
- The Exhibitor must remove all personal property, trash, and other items that were not present in the venue when the Exhibitor took control of it.
- No advertising material, such as banners, is allowed outside the designated area.
- No candles or open flames will be allowed.
- No obstruction of any form in the aisles and walkways or excessive noise that inconveniences other exhibitors or the Conference will be allowed.
- Exhibitors must not impinge on the activities or space of other exhibitors.
- The Exhibitor must provide the OPCW and World Forum with a list of names and contact information of those who will be installing, maintaining, and de-installing the exhibit. This list must include emergency contact information for the principal Exhibitor.
Safety and Security
The OPCW will take all reasonable measures to ensure the security of the exhibit while on the premises of World Forum; however, the Exhibitor is ultimately responsible for the security and safety of the exhibit while it is in the World Forum.
The Exhibitor agrees to confer with the World Forum and OPCW security on security matters beyond regular care, relating to the exhibit.
Badges must be worn by all attendees at the Conference to gain admittance to the exhibit venue, Conference sessions and all social functions.
Event security staff will be instructed to only admit to the exhibit personnel identified by the official name badge provided to all participants.